How to Use a Roulette Bonus Code
Before explaining how to use a roulette bonus code, let’s first tell you what one is. A bonus code is like a coupon in that it entitles you to claim a special offer. For instance, a casino may have a regular sign-up bonus and a different offer that uses a bonus code.
It should be noted that not all roulette bonuses require a code. However, for those that do, this is how they work.
- Check our list of casinos or our promo code pages to find a bonus that you want to claim.
- After making a note of the code, click the ‘Claim Now’ button to go to the casino’s website.
- Create an account and make your first deposit. Type in the roulette bonus code when prompted.
- Most banking methods offer instant deposits. Your bonus should arrive soon after the deposit is credited.
- It’s time to hit the tables and play roulette.
The steps shown above are a general guide to using a roulette bonus code. They may not apply to all casinos. You can contact the casino’s customer service for specific instructions.
Types of Roulette Bonuses
Some casino bonuses are site-wide. You can use them to play roulette, slots, blackjack, or whichever game you desire. However, others are specific to a certain game or gaming category. Let’s take a look at the most popular types of roulette bonuses.
Sign-up bonuses: As the name suggests, you get these bonuses when you sign-up. They are also known as welcome bonuses and first deposit bonuses. A roulette sign-up bonus is commonly a matched deposit offer; for example, 100% up to £200.
There will be a minimum deposit amount, usually £10 or £20, that you have to make to activate this bonus. These offers are suitable for every player. If you only want a bit of light entertainment, you can deposit minumum £10
and get an extra £10 on top; so you have £20 to play with. Naturally, for players that want to bet for higher stakes, you can deposit a larger sum and in return, get a bigger bonus.
Cash-back bonuses: Also called rebate bonuses, these offers give you cash-back if you lose. Generally, roulette cash-back bonuses are time-sensitive. This means that there is a specified period when you must play to qualify.
It’s also worth knowing that there will be a minimum and maximum cash-back limit. For instance, the minimum cash-back value could be £1, and the maximum is £100. When looking for these offers, you want to try and find ones where the cash-back is paid as real money (without wagering requirements). These bonuses are excellent because they reduce the casino’s advantage over your playing career.
Roulette promotions: With roulette being among the most popular games in the casino, there are often special roulette promotions to entertain players. For example, you will come across ‘Lucky Number’ promotions. These work by having a specific lucky number and if the ball lands on that number while you are playing, then you’ll win a free roulette bet or some other prize.
Wagering Requirements for Roulette Sign-up Bonuses
If every cloud has a silver lining; that means every silver lining must have a cloud. This sums up wagering requirements for roulette sign-up bonuses.
The wagering requirement tells you how many times you must wager (bet) the bonus money - or at some casinos, the deposit and bonus money. As a player; the lower the wagering requirement, the better, as this gives you a greater chance of winning.
The industry average for wagering is between 30 and 35 times the bonus amount. Therefore, if you received a £50 bonus with 35 times wagering, the total would be £1,750. This is how much you need to bet before the winnings are added to your real money casino balance.
Something that you need to keep an eye open for is when the wagering requirement is deposit + bonus amount; for example, £50 bonus with 20 times deposit + bonus wagering. At a glance, it may appear to offer more value (than the previous example), but it doesn’t. Our advice is to always calculate the total wagering requirement before accepting a roulette bonus.
Lastly, with wagering requirements come game weighting rules
. These are particularly applicable to roulette bonuses. Unfortunately, at most casinos, roulette games are handicapped. What we mean by this is that they don’t contribute 100% towards clearing the wagering.
Most likely, the contribution will be around 20%. Put simply, for every £1 you bet, only £0.20 is cleared from the wagering requirement. That is why it is crucial to find the lowest wagering bonuses in the first place.
Best Online Roulette Casinos 2020
99.9% of online casinos have a good selection of roulette games
, so how did we choose the best online roulette casinos for this page?
Our team at Roulette Pro used a set of criteria to filter down the sites until we were left with the top-rated roulette casinos. We examined the following:
- Licencing: Without any question, if the casino does not hold the right licence for your jurisdiction, it doesn’t make the list. In fact, we only work with roulette casinos that are licenced and regulated, so you can sign-up with any of our brands in full confidence, knowing they are safe and fair.
- Good bonuses and promotions: We don’t judge a book by its cover. Quality bonuses and promotions are the ones which are fair to you - the player. By that, we mean the wagering requirements, expiry dates, and minimum deposit amount are balanced evenly.
- Games library: Of course, the chosen casinos need to offer a variety of roulette games, but those alone are not enough. Therefore, we reviewed the other games, such as slots, blackjack, baccarat, and poker. Our aim is to provide players with options and a truly first-class casino gaming experience.
- Mobile: More and more players are using their mobile phones and tablets to play online roulette, so the casinos we picked had to cater to this demand. Most of them offer native mobile casino apps. However, for those that don’t, we assessed the mobile platform for user-friendliness and game quality.
- Payout times: As players ourselves, we know the frustration of lengthy withdrawal processing times. For us, there is no reason why a casino should wait up to 72 before processing a withdrawal request. Therefore, part of our criteria focused on sites that offer fast payouts.
Live Roulette Sign-up Bonus
Many casinos now have a unique live roulette sign-up bonus. Unlike regular bonuses, these can only be used in the live casino. The advantage of live roulette bonuses is that they are designed for the game. You may find that the wagering requirements appear to be higher, with 50x or 60x being the industry average. However, the game weighting contribution is increased, so it makes them fair and competitive.
These are some of the games you can play with a live roulette sign-up bonus:
- European Roulette
- Lightning Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- French Roulette
- American Roulette
- Speed Roulette
- Auto Roulette
- Instant Roulette
- Double All Roulette
We are frequently asked about roulette sign-up bonuses, so we have decided to answer the most common questions for you here.
How do I claim a roulette sign-up bonus on my mobile?
All the bonuses shown on this page are mobile-friendly. Essentially, the process of claiming them is the same as if you were on a desktop. The first thing you must do is sign-up and create your account. Then make a deposit and insert your roulette bonus code if required. The bonus is now yours.
Which roulette sign-up bonus is the best?
The truth is that there is no out and out best roulette sign-up bonus because each player is looking for something different. With that said, we feel that bonuses with lower wagering requirements are the ones that represent the most value.
Why can’t I claim a roulette sign-up bonus?
You need to be at least 18 years old to claim a roulette sign-up bonus. Furthermore, you have to be a new customer at the casino. Please remember that some payment options may not be eligible. If you do experience any issues, contact the casino’s support, and they will resolve the problem.